The Nevada Future of Learning Network’s Competency Fellowship gathers educators, business partners and community members from across the state to design competencies that align to the Portrait of a Nevada Learner. The fellowship cohort reflects the diversity of Nevada and brings a wide range of identities, perspectives, expertise, interests and lived experiences to the competency-design conversation.
Having a collective set of voices drive the decision-making and design process helps ensure that Nevada’s Portrait and competencies reflect the unique needs of the learning communities from across the state and creates shared vision and understanding for what Nevadans want for all Nevada learners.
2023 Competency Fellows
As educators across the state pilot the draft portrait, the Future of Learning Network is bringing together a cohort of educators and community members to develop a set of competencies that align to the knowledge, skills and dispositions that will bring the Portrait of a Nevada Learner to life.
What will the fellows do?
- Collaborate and engage with other fellows to make decisions and drive the design of the Nevada Portrait of a Learner competencies and toolkit.
- Attend at least 75 percent of the sessions
- As needed, contribute additional individual time for pre-work and homework (~10 hours)
How will the fellows benefit?
- Voice in the design process throughout
- An hourly stipend
- Learning about personalized, competency-based learning, designing competencies and assessments
- Growing your own professional network and relationships across the state
- Potential for further collaboration and presentation experience if part of the steering committee