This opportunity is open to PK through postsecondary educators. In order to be selected, you must apply as a team/partnership and be from the same campus, district or learning community so that you can collaborate throughout the year. You do not necessarily need to have the same role.
Applicants will be screened and selected with the goal of having diverse representation across disciplines and grade levels. In addition, availability and reasons for participating as champions will be taken into consideration.
30-35 partners/teams will be selected to serve over the fall of 2023 and spring of 2024. In order to be selected, you must apply as a team/partnership and be from the same campus, district or learning community so that you can collaborate throughout the year. You do not necessarily need to have the same role.
- Competency Champions will meet virtually and in person between September 2023 – June 2024.
- Virtual monthly commitments could include:
- A minimum of 1 hour per month of personalized team coaching (schedule TBD)
- Design sessions (~2-3 hours)
Tuesdays beginning at 4 p.m. Nevada Time
- Network collaboration
- Bi-monthly role-specific virtual Professional Learning Community meetups (3)
- Three in-person convenings
- October 13 -14, 2023 in Las Vegas
- February/March 2024, TBD
- June 2024, TBD
- Additional individual and team time between engagements, as needed
- Working through learning and goal cycles as a team
- Completing an online course exploring personalized, competency-based learning
Previous experience developing competencies is not required. Sessions will move through the phases with full facilitation and resource support for learning, building capacity and designing together.
This opportunity is designed for more than one person (minimum of two individuals) from a single campus, district or learning community
- $1500 stipend for time between virtual engagements
- $50 hourly for virtual engagements (~4-5 hours per month)
- Travel costs reimbursed for three in-person convenings
Competency Champions focus on:
- Implementing competencies on their campus
- Refining competencies based on their own experience and field feedback
- Support the creation of a “best-practices” toolkit for educators across Nevada to scale the implementation of personalized, competency-based learning across the state.